Cassiopeia's Choose your own adventure story!

Davenport and Goddard meet

TJ tore from the room, not caring whether the thief heard her or not. "Daddy, Daddy!" she cried, panting. "There is someone in your office! And he's got your wallet, Daddy, your wallet!"

"What?!" for a second, Davenport stood dumbly in place. suddenly he raced down the corridor with Mrs. Davenport and TJ in pursuit.

Once the ladies had reached the office the lights were restored to full power and they beheld Davenport, cornering a short boy and screaming at him. "Just what do you think you were doing, young man? 'Gettin the dough' I suppose? Let me tell you this, Goddard, your recent behavior could get you kicked out of the school!"

As TJ stared in amazement the boy muttered, "I didn't want your money. I wanted..."

"Yes?"

The boy turned beat red. "I wanted your ID card." He muttered. "So I'd have access to the landing bay."

"And just why would you want access to the landing bay?"

The boy's face was now so red that TJ was sure that he was a Mercurian in disguise. "I wanted to pilot one of the StarDog vessels."

"Oh." Davenport's face actually softened. "Well I have no doubt that you could do it.." he composed himself as the boy smiled hopefully. "But I am not sure. You are a good pilot, Seth, with the most motivation I've seen in one your age. But instead of racing ahead to the days of glory, I advise you to stay put and bring your grades up so as you can graduate and achieve your dream.

The fire from his eyes stifled, the boy went rigid. "Excuse me. But I am already late to Calculus." The boy stormed out of the door.

Davenport heaved a sigh. His wife timidly approached him. "Dear? Aren't you going to send him to detention?"

'What good would that do?" Another sigh. "He's a good kid, Theresa. Just a little desperate."

"Such behavior should not be tolerated," Mrs. Davenport chided.

"Dear? Who is running this academy? You or me?" The statement was hostile and Mrs. Davenport backed up reflexively. Seeing this Davenport hastened to add, "I know what I'm doing; I've done it a hundred times before now." Feeling explained Davenport strode across the room towards his daughter. "I've got to go to a meeting now, honey." he said, planting a kiss on top of her head. "Be a good girl and I'll see you at dinner." With that, he exited the room.

Mrs. Davenport and TJ stood in place for a second. Finally Mrs. Davenport spoke: "No matter what Daddy says that boy is wrong and mischievous. And I would prefer not to hear his mention spoken again, do you understand me?"

"Yes mommy," TJ mumbled.

"good." Mrs. Davenport breathed in a sigh of relief. "now we'd best freshen up in the guest quarters haven't we? Come along, TJ." Mrs. Davenport took her daughter's hand and walked out of the room.

***

TJ skipped merrily down the corridors, peeking into classrooms wistfully. Being only six years old, she could not teach about the wonderful works of Shakespeare which her mother adored, or how her people, the Earthers, had adapted the Rigellian political system, which her father deemed a good choice. She couldn't wait to learn this information and even more, she couldn't wait to teach it. 'Cause TJ knew, she'd be a teacher when she grew up, alright.

TJ was so engrossed in her daydream that she didn't notice someone in front of her, someone who she bumped into.

"I am so sorry!" she gasped, backing up. The person she saw left her gaping. He was the cadet that her mother so disliked, Seth Goddard!

"That's OK." he eyed her uncertainly. "You're Principal Davenport's daughter, aren't you?"

"Yes," she answered nervously.

"So... um... do you know where your father is?"

"No."

"Oh." A pause. "So... um... do you wanna help me look for him?" A mischievous gleam came to his eye as he remembered a transmission that he'd overheard of Davenport speaking to his daughter. "I'll give you candy if you help me."

TJ paused. She knew that her mother would disapprove but... candy? Sounded tempting.

What should TJ do?

Forget it! Mom said no!

Candy! Give me the candy!

Links to other sites on the Web

Fanfiction Page
Main Page


This page formerly hosted by Yahoo! GeoCities