The Sector of Disappearance, Part Three

a roundrobin!

The Inquisitor had used his powers to slightly alter Suzee's nightmare- to make the guards put her in the room on the left, instead of the one on the right. Yensid's own technology took care of her friends not finding her.

Now while her friends searched in vain, the Inquisitor changed his orders to Phobos. "Forget those three, my pet. Kill her!" And suddenly Phobos was in Suzee's new cell. "I don't need her anyway," the Inquisitor mused. "She's from a different dimension than the one I'm studying. It would weaken the others' morale if they saw her dead!" With that final demand, the Inquisitor exited Phobos's mind.

"Who's in here?" Suzee mumbled grogilly. "You don't sound like my usual guards. Grozit, at least let me take this thing off my head so I can see you."

Usually Phobos would pay the Inquisitor's experiments no mind, but this one.... "It's like how Deimara died..." by the hands of the Inquisitor. Slowly Phobos removed the black boxes from Suzee's head.

Suzee nearly blanched in astonishment. No Yensidian guard would fall for the trap of taking off a reacher's mind control! It had been a shot in the dark but it worked. Surreptitiously Suzee entered the mind of this strange visitor.

"Catalina..." It had been years since she talked to the girl, ever since the men in black had found her. But this guys memories portrayed a life for her with Catalina's classmates on a strange ship, a life plagued by nightmares once an "Inquisitor" came on board. How could this be?"

Suzee knew this could be a trick but the memories seemed to real for that. Hastilly she found out about Phobos's personal life, and Deimara.

I must persuade him to help me. "So, who's this Deimara?"

Phobos was shocked, but then remembered how the Inquisitor told him that this one could enter minds. It would be useless to lie. "My wife."

"Where is she now?"

Another pause. "The Inquisitor killed her through one of her nightmares." Blast, why did this child's situation so resemble Deimara's? The Inquisitor would have him killed if he found out about this conversation.

"You mean you're helping out the man who killed your wife?!"

And suddenly Phobos saw his past through her eyes. Once Deimara died, Phobos felt so alone that he grasped for the chance that the Inquisitor offered. The chance to be an assasin, to kill for his loss. But also to kill for Deimara's murderer.

"Listen, you can stop it. Your memories say I have friends on board here, friends trying to help me. Please, for the sake of Deimara, help me find them!"

For Deimara, for Deimara... Phobos took a deep breath. "OK," he said. "I'll help you."

-Cassiopeia
Care to finish the story? :)

Links to other sites on the Web

Fanfiction Page
Main Page


This page formerly hosted by Yahoo! GeoCities